Sage Pay Go with Server & inFrame integration
Sage Pay Go with Server & inFrame integration has all the benefits of Server integration but allows you to create a seamless buying experience using our inFrame technology.
Server & inFrame integration is ideal if you:
want to keep customers on your website when they make a purchase
want the security of outsourcing your online payments
would like virtually the same appearance as a self-hosted solution
would prefer not to handle card data on your website but still like to collect additional customer information
want to develop your own transaction reporting and perform automated transaction functions
are looking for a payment gateway that is compatible with popular shopping carts and e-commerce platforms
would like to link payments into your existing back office software
want to minimise your PCI DSS compliance requirements
How it works
Server & inFrame integration works just like Server integration — it's an incredibly secure way to pass transaction details to Sage Pay to carry out authorisation.
However, it's even more flexible because it allows you to embed our specially tailored secure payment page into your website.
This means that customers never move from your URL to make a purchase. It's similar to having your own tailored payment solution, but with the security benefits associated with outsourcing your payment processing to a PCI DSS Level 1 payment service provider.
- Your customer stays on your website but enters their card details into Sage Pay's inFrame payment page.
- You have full control of the branding and layout of the area outside of the specific payment fields.
- The payment details are captured in a secure HTTPS POST between your web server and Sage Pay's servers across a 128-bit encrypted session.
- Sage Pay sends back the results of the authorisation for you to acknowledge before completion.
- Sensitive card data is stored at Sage Pay but you can store other customer information in your own database.
- Because you can store more information about each transaction, you can create a custom reporting area of your own.
- You can also send remote requests for refunds and repeats (for example, with a click of a button within your software).
What else do I need to know?
For added shopper confidence when making a purchase on your website you should consider an SSL certificate a requirement when using our Server & inFrame integration method.
If your website is hosted on a shared or third party sever you may be prevented from installing specific components required for Server, Server & inFrame or Direct integration, and should consider using Form integration instead.
Some off-the-shelf shopping carts can only be used with Form integration, so check our list of Sage Pay Partners for a compatible shopping cart provider.
Safely keep and re-use your customers' card details using our Token System, available with this method of integration.
If you'd like to set up PayPal as an additional payment option you should consider using our other integration options.
If you have any questions call us on 0845 111 44 66 or email us.
Information for developers
- Our 'Low profile' payment page has been specifically designed for use with our inFrame technology, which is only available with Server integration.
- Sage Pay Go with Server integration offers advanced database capabilities.
- It combines a secure server-to-server post with other anti-fraud features like security key matching using an MD5 Hashing algorithm.
- Server integration can be handled using standard scripting languages like ASP, ASP.net, PHP etc.
- Server integration kits, protocols and guidelines are available to download from our online help centre when you register for a website account.